21.5.15

39 Weeks





Here we are, today I'm 39 weeks and 2 days. I've been so bad at posting this last trimester, life has just been so busy. I've had a lot more time than when I was working at Matchstick to enjoy a day off here and there, but that usually consists of running around doing errands and cleaning our apartment. I've been busy queueing up posts for June on T&T so Lindsay isn't completely left to carry it on her own! It's been a lot of fun though, I'm cherishing these last days/weeks on my own, going on a lot of walks, and eating lots of ice cream. Summer has suddenly hit this last week, I'm trying to soak up lots of time in the park, it's amazing.

This is Dan's last week of work and then he has a few weeks off, I'm really looking forward to that. Especially this time of year, the last 2 Summer's Dan has worked his ass off. He really hasn't enjoyed Summer days in the city, so I'm excited to get a taste of that with him this Summer, we're planning on lots of beach days, park days, and neighbourhood walks.

This pregnancy has been a bit of an emotional and crazy time. With my mom going through everything she has been with her cancer, it's been really hard. I always imagined the simplest of events like going shopping together, picking out things, etc. But that just hasn't been possible. At first I was so angry, it just didn't seem fair. I felt like there were so many things I simply deserved. It's made me really learn to appreciate what I have, we really deserve nothing. My mother is the most amazing, strong, gentle, wise, wonderful woman. She has shown me what it is to be a mother. Life is such a gift, I am so blessed to have a mother and father who have instilled the most important things in their children. They've taught me to work hard, but to have fun, don't take life too seriously, but cherish the important things. Family always comes first, appreciate what you have, but also know nothing on earth matters, store up your treasures in heaven. Relationships before things. I admire my parents so much seeing them walk through this journey. I hope in 30 years Dan and my relationship is as strong as theirs. One thing Dan always says to me when I'm upset or start comparing myself to what other people have, is "this is your story," no one but yours. I'm ok with my story. Some days it seems like a happily ever after, and some days it's quite the opposite. But it's mine, no one else's, and I'm so grateful to be able to have one.

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea who I am, but I just read your post and just really appreciated your honesty. I find that for me it's so easy to compare myself to other peoples lives. But what your husband says to you is so true "this is your story" and mine. God has given each person a story that is unique in it's own way. Thanks for sharing.
    God Bless you as you journey deeper into the days of mama hood!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate so much to what you're saying as I lodt my dad 3 days after announcing he was going to be a grandfather again. It was very difficult to feel sadness of that loss and happiness for that baby to come at the same time. I felt guilty a lot. Of course when my son arrived It was such a joy, even if he would never meet his grandad, he brought so much joy to my mom. and I keep reminding what my dad transmitted to me, his inheritage is within me and I hope i'll pass it to my sons too... have fun with your new role!

    ReplyDelete